PhD Afterlife: "Staying in Academia"
- Mo, 15. Januar 2018, 17:00 h
- Large Seminar Room 8G U1 155 - 81377 Munich, _
- PhD Afterlife
The “PhD Afterlife” Seminar Series will focus on Staying in Academia. We have put together an incredible panel of speakers in different stages of the academic career who will tell us about their experience and will answer all your questions!
1. Prof. Christian Haass, Coordinator of the DZNE Munich.
2. Prof. Petra Schwille, Director at the MPI of Biochemistry.
3. Dr. Naoko Mizuno, PI at the MPI of Biochemistry.
4. Dr. Arthur Liesz, Head of Synergy Clinician Scientist Group.
5. Dr. Selina J. Keppler, Junior Group Leader at TUM.
· 17:00 h - presentations by speakers: Why did they choose this career? What are their daily tasks? How did they manage to be successful in this career?
· 18:00 h - “speed-dating” with the speakers: your chance to ask any questions you might have about this career path!
· 19:30 h - dinner with speakers: ...at the Haderner Augustiner restaurant.
Date and time: Monday, 15th of January, at 17:00 h. Add to Google Calendar
Place: Large Seminar Room 8G U1 155, Center of Stroke and Dementia Research (CSD), Feodor-Lynen-Str. 17, 81377 Munich.
Please register for the event and for the dinner (if interested) so that we can plan accordingly: https://doodle.com/poll/u2hq2bk7sx5xvr2u
All interested PhDs and PostDocs are welcome to join! The “PhD afterlife” Seminar Series aims to introduce young scientists to different career paths they can pursue. At these events, we organize small talks by the speakers and a round of questions in small groups so that everybody feels comfortable to ask any doubts. Moreover, there are cookies and coffee!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
PhD afterlife organizing committee
With the support of SyNergy
- Large Seminar Room 8G U1 155