The PhD Afterlife: "Vol #7 – A Career in Consulting"
- Mi, 25. April 2018, 17:00 h
- Large Seminar Room 8G U1 155 - 81377 Munich, _
- PhD Afterlife
The next event of the “PhD Afterlife” Seminar Series will focus on a career in Consulting. We have put together an incredible panel of speakers in different stages of this career and who followed very different paths:
1. Dr. Nadine Sinclair works as an independent consultant and coach and is excited to teach you about her experience. She will fly in just for you!
2. Dr. Lorenzo D’Angelo had his own research group at TUM before he decided to change sides and become a consultant.
3. Dian Anggraini just got a job as a consultant and will give us insight on the application process.
4. Dr. Stephanie May did her PhD at the DZNE and she is now a consultant for communication of Life Science.
·17:00 h - presentations by speakers: Why did they choose this career? What are their daily tasks? How did they manage to be successful in this career?
·18:00 h - “speed-dating” with the speakers: your chance to ask any questions you might have about this career path!
·19:30 h - dinner with speakers: ...at the Haderner Augustiner restaurant.
Date and time: Wednesday, 25th of April, at 17:00 h.
Place: Large Seminar Room 8G U1 155, Center of Stroke and Dementia Research (CSD), Feodor-Lynen-Str. 17, 81377 Munich.
Please register for the event and for the dinner (if interested) so that we can plan accordingly: https://doodle.com/poll/e2cwn97fu5xb97g4
All interested PhDs and PostDocs are welcome to join! The “PhD afterlife” Seminar Series aims to introduce young scientists to different career paths they can pursue. At these events, we organize small talks by the speakers and a round of questions in small groups so that everybody feels comfortable to ask any doubts. Moreover, there are cookies and coffee!
Looking forward to seeing you there!
PhD afterlife organizing committee
With the support of SyNergy
- Large Seminar Room 8G U1 155